This past September Insites Consulting launched its “Social Media around the World 2012” report. They organised this study for the third time and the results are here.
The full report offers 5 eye-catching insights on the status of social media and more than 2.000 facts and figures about social media in 19 countries.
Topics cover main adoption and usage, interactions of consumers with brands, impact of branded conversations, evolution of mobile and the opportunities for structural collaboration between consumers and brands. The 2011 edition got the most favourites on SlideShare worldwide and was the most frequently downloaded presentation. We’re excited to see if we will do the same this year!
This year’s main conclusions are:
- The social media landscape is rather stable: the large sites are getting larger and the small ones are getting smaller.
- Consumers are only prepared to create new accounts for sites which offer unique functions (such as Pinterest and Instagram).
- The mobile revolution increases the adoption and usage intensity of social media.
- Consumers just love to link with (a limited number of) brands.
- 80-90% of consumers want to be involved in co-creation, open innovation and structural collaboration with brands they love. Brands are not yet sufficiently open to this.
- Consumers are major fans of market research communities where they can collaborate with companies. After Facebook a research community is the second most preferred platform. Reason is that consumers want their feedback to have an impact; and they are convinced that research communities can have such an effect.
Find out more social media insights in the full report:
Have more questions? With nearly 25 years of experience, our Medialocate team is here to help.
Contact Medialocate at 831-655-7500 or
Learn the fast, efficient, and most effective way to translate your website
and online content into additional languages.